Pages

Sunday 17 August 2008

Bye Bye musharraf


Ok now let me get this straight, I'm not a very political person myself. But occasionally I do enjoy a few laughs following the comically mysterious lives of politicians all over. But the talks on impeaching Mr. Pervez Musharraf sure did pull a few strings, after all hes no stranger to me.

I remember the last time an impeachment was debated about, yeah the yankee president Bill clinton. But then again that sure was an interesting story with enough gossip and rumors to fit a Hollywood movie, and the climax where the heroine came out with a biography on her side of the story was dramatically perfect to say the least.

Now I'm not really sure of Mr Musharraf story, but I know there are cartloads of allegations on his head and the only reason he's quiting is he knows that this time he screwed himself pretty bad. I mean he's not a dumb bloke you see, in spite of not being a popular person in the country he led, he did lead it for 8 years. That indeed is a long time for one man.

I remember how the Pakistanis swore at him every time he tied hands with the big American political names especially Mr. Bush, the one one we all love to hate. Hardly a year back many accusing fingers pointed Musharraf's way when the confident PPP presidential candidate, Benazir Bhutto was assassinated.

But I have to agree that he did manage to constantly stay in the news though of course it was usually for the wrong reasons. He once said ' I will defeat those who try to push me to the wall', but I guess we know who was pushed and who was defeated.

Now the great honourable man has decided to preserve whatever honour he has left by resigning by himself to avoid the inevitable impeachment.So at this juncture I would like to say, bye bye Musharraf, thanks for entertaining us while you did.

2 comments:

dania said...

heyy..arch..i nevr knew u cud wrytt soo well...goood work!!!kkeeep it up!!~

Chris said...

One of your more flowing pieces....