Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

Murderous Silence

Like a child I was so eager to be free
My soul, an open mind welcomed the world
There was you a friend in a crowded town 
You took away loneliness from early dawn to late twilight
You came, you stayed and then you conquered
Until there was no me, no us, only you
Only you in my fantasies, only you in my dreams
I ignored the warning, I ignored the signs
When I choked I said it was the smoke
When I stumbled I thought it was the hangover
I recognized me no more, I saw the death of me in your every blink




And then my mind took control and said 
‘you rotten soul you shall indulge no more’
I watched it wipe you away, suck you out,
The double-faced monster I loathed was gone
With it the tiny traces of you I loved disappeared too
I watched as you were tortured on that fateful day
As you crumbled right in front of my eye
A part of me wanted to cry out, wanted to rescue you
But my voice was silenced after all these years of you speaking for me

Then my vision went blurry and I saw 
It was I who was strangling you, I looked different -- evil and happy
I saw every tiny particle of you escape into nothingness
Those little demons that possessed me for years howled for mercy
Wish I could say It was painful, but no, it felt almost like heaven
I wondered why it took me so long to realize, you and me were never forever

A new beginning they say it is for me,
But I know there never was an end
From all your broken promises there is one I know you will keep
Where you said if I ever lost you, you’d come find me
And I patiently wait, for I know you, like a phoenix you will rise again
Next time I hope it will be different

PS: Soul = my sofa
you = all that dust on it
Inspiration: Few things in the world are more satisfying than cleaning your sofa and watching all that dust burn

No comments: