Pages

Wednesday 24 September 2008

Sometimes its better to just shut up and sit quietly!

To combat the Energy crisis that the world is forced to face, the Indian goverment has decided to re-introduce load-shedding. In other words called power cuts. I hate the very idea of it, but no I'm not one to complain as I do realize the whole project is done in common interest of the nation and its future generations.

Now the authorities have also asked the citizens to cooperate in the mission by using electricity judiciously, which in other words means "turn off the damn computer when you are not at your desk and go easy on the AC”

Few days back the electricity board people in my locality forgot to switch off the street lights in the morning. Now a normal person with normal problems in life would've ignored this and continued with the chaos of the day. But not my neighbor.


My neighbor who is a man of right values decided to do something about this. He like a true hero called up the electricity board and notified them on the same. So what do you expect from such an act, I'll say maybe reward him with no power cuts in his house for a couple of days. No, the electricity board thought differently, they decided to punish my neighbor and his whole neighborhood for their stupidity.


Yes they instead of just turning off the street lights, cut out the electricity of the whole locality for the next 5 hours. 5 hours for gods sake, I don't know how I survived it. I mean with no computer or T.V (yeah I know I sound like a moronic slave to technology, but it was too sunny to go outdoors and I wasn't in the mood to read books).


My mom was upset cause she couldn't use the mixer to grind something she needed for a new recipe. My dad wasn't at home when the tragedy happened, though he won't admit it I sense it was good news to him (the logic is lesser the electricity used, lesser the bill he has to pay).


A Family in the neighborhood was renovating their house, they were using some electricity run. Hi-Tech machine to saw a portion of their staircase, this had to be kept on hold due to the power failure. Similarly every house had an interesting sob story because of the cursed power cut.


So I'm just wondering if the damn government was so irresponsible how did they expect us to act. What was going through their mind when they played this lame joke. Maybe they were laughing at us this time, but only to ensure that next time their pee brains with automatic controls forgot to do something they ought to the people who suffered the wounds on this fatal day wasn't going to notify them if it posed any threat to their existence.


In between all this I wondered what the 'Hero' was doing, did he regret the call? Did he try calling them again? Would the incident transform him from the calm gentleman to the angry old man? I don't know. But I do know that next time I notice the governments power being wasted on the street lights in broad daylight the 1st thing I 'll do is to call my neighbor and beg him not to repeat his heroic act!

10 comments:

Fast Lane ! 2 fast 4 u said...

hahaha..... very nice one.

we've been having power cuts as well here, but we've got backup electrictiy :D

hahaha...

Anonymous said...

Ha..ha..ha just five hours. We have got load shedding of around 8-10hrs a day(Still we are alive):P

Anonymous said...

Also its always better to just shut up if you have to deal with the government officials(And it applies to all the departments):P
And as far as judicial use of electricity is concern you can see glowing street lights during the day time and AC working at its full in government offices for so called Babu's even in peek hour and above all load shedding is never implemented in the residential areas meant for them..

Alexina said...

@ fast lane
yeah, I hope some day I can afford that myself

@ Abhishek
Hmm I'm wondering maybe I should marry to Government officer to have a trouble-free life...
Nah they'r too boring :)

Abhishek Tyagi said...

But he will have all the time in the world for u ;-)

Roi said...

hey..
frst the basics...
there is a huge technical diff bw power cut n load sheddin,.
then the facts
wt he did ws his civic duty..
n as long as its u hu suffers i'll keep encouragin that neighbour of yours...
p.s. i kno soome gals hu r nt govt servants..i'll intro em if u stil lookin...:)

Roi said...

btw..that ws 4 alexina..the non-govt'l gals...

Anonymous said...

coal is the bread and butter of our power industry...i mean indias.......we just signd the nuke deal...and im pretty damm sure that americans hav hidden agenda lyk suppressin the new economic gaint ....china...i mean we all kno wat happnd 2 pakistan...wen war on terror happnd @ afganisthan americans gave full support 2 pak...now jus the consumerist thing hapnd..bye bye pakkis.......and hello 2 india...wat i meant say is that the nuke deal wont b the end 2 our power strvin nations needs....caz the recycling process techonoly woont b transfreed 2 india and in the long run well hav probs with that...foget long rungod knos wen indias gonna test another missil or bomb and itll b bye bye indies from americans 2....so wat u said alexia is xactly the thing the govtment and as individuals shud do...as individuals lyk alexy said go easy on ac and shut the pc wen not in use and govt???.....we go solar and we still have some 20 %wind energy untappd....sign in some bot deals with mncs....i kno its costleee and needs high degrre of innovation...........but wats wrong with tryin right?????

Alexina said...

@ kittu
That was indeed a very informative and useful post. thanks for relating my nonsense to such higher thoughts. Do pitch in with more comments.



@ roi
tryin to be a smart ass huh?
ur lucky that i swore i wouldnt swear at the 'commentators' in my blog
&*@$

Anonymous said...

@ alexina
hiihihhhiiihhhiii...sorry couldn't help...tried but couldn't resist the temptation at the opportunity to pull your hair!!!