Pages

Friday 12 September 2008

Things to forget this ONAM


This Onam I shall forget my poverty stricken and malnourished fellowmen and instead I shall spend generously on the 'ONASADYA'.

This Onam I shall forget the stink from the overflowing garbage dumps and instead I shall Enjoy the fragrance of the beautiful flowers that make up the 'POOKALAM'.

This Onam I shall forget the doors i have double locked for the fear of thieves and beggars and instead i shall leave it wide open for 'Mr. MAHABALI' to visit me.

This Onam I shall forget the political differences within the State and instead shall enjoy the Fake Communial harmony that fills the air.

This Onam I shall forget my Tee-Shirts that fills my wardrobe and instead I shall dress up in my 'ONAKODI'.

This Onam I shall forget my fav Rock songs and instead I shall Enjoy the "ONAPATTU'.

But this Onam I shall not forget to remember that tomorrow I will have to return back to reality!

8 comments:

Fast Lane ! 2 fast 4 u said...

nice...

Febzz said...

It was nice to get this last year from u as the greeting... n nice to read t over again!

Admin said...

nice one...

Unknown said...

this one is real cool.. actually real and cool...

Damon said...

Read the whole blog. You have a beautiful way with words. They are/can be scathingly satirical and gentle at the same time. They have the idiom of your background but are global and modern. You have either practised a lot or a natural, whatever, they sound like music. Amazing.

Alexina said...

@ fast lane, febzz, admin, joe
Thanks

@ Damon
Thank you for the comment. I hope some day I shall learn to use language the way you did in that valuable comment of yours. :)
Future comments and suggestions in the blog will be most welcome

Pink Mango Tree said...

Man.. u r too good (like ur sister) in putting ur thoughts across.
Lazy bum (again, like ur sister!).. write more!

Cheers,
Shalini

Alexina said...

thank you ,thank you (for the 1st part)

*takes a bow*

the input is wisely taken,shall write more definitely...